Linda & Judy will spend an interactive day with us on February 17th as we explore a learning model that embeds a growth mindset into our practices and shifts us towards stronger learning orientation in our classrooms.
They will start us off with a keynote presentation that:
- Introduces Three (+1) Key Questions For Learner Engagement
- Describes Learning Models that Support Learner Engagement
- Shows how the work of teachers in BC is situated in an international context
During the second part of the morning participants will have a choice of five teacher-led breakout sessions where a VSB teacher will share how they have begun to shift their practice in their subject area. Sessions are planned for English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies and Aboriginal Education. Judy & Linda will be circulating during these sessions.
After lunch Judy & Linda will share their reflections from attending the breakout sessions. As a group we will further develop aspects of our learning model.
Registrations are now being accepted and are limited to 120 applications.
- VSB teachers please send registration form & cheque via Blue Bag to Manjula Topiwala in Learning Services.
- Out-of-District teachers please mail your registration form & cheque to:
VSB Learning Services
1580 West Broadway
Vancouver BC V6J 5K8
Registration deadline date: Friday February 10th, 2012
COST (includes lunch):
VSB Teacher: $10/participant
Out of District: $50/participant